Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Then and Now

Then

In my formative years my father ensured that I prepared well for my exams. I had to recite out 1857 war of independence / Formation of North West and South East Monsoons / Newton’s Law / Wordsworth etc. to perfection until he was satisfied. I would dread those sessions.

It didn’t end there. There was a post exam ritual, where the answers I had given were cross checked with the text book and I was graded then and there. The post exam scenario at home would be some thing like this

Appa : (After examining my Math Question paper) En da 2 mark section la fifth answer mark panittu varala ?


Me : (meekly) avasarathula marandhuten pa

Appa : Unna kelvi kekka aal illama pochu da !!!

Me : (Thinking Ithanai kelvi kettutu idha vera solraya nee !!) Next time nyabagama pannaren pa. Sorry pa.

Now

My sister is in her final year of school and the post exam scenario at home now


Appa : Exam epaadi ezhudhi irukke ?

Sis : Kai (hand) ala dhan pa.

Appa : En ponnu enna samarthiyama badhil solra paru

Fathers always love their daughters regardless of what ever they do :-)

1 comment:

Umashankar (U'r U) said...

Unmai Unmai Mutrilum Unmai !!